Aqueous Solution Preservation (ASP)
Exclusive ASP technology combines an isotonic calcium chloride preservation media with a state of the art PETE trays system to provide allografts immediately ready for implantation. The technology allows allografts to be stored in a fully hydrated state at ambient temperature eliminating the need for lengthy graft preparation.
- Retains the native biomechanical strength of the allograft
- Preserves the natural biological structure of the tissue by preventing calcium leaching into the storage media
- Eliminates microcracks that can be formed during freeze-drying processes
- Provides a biologically favorable environment for tissue remodeling
- Validated for a five-year shelf life
Biomechanical testing revealed cervical allografts preserved in ASP display equivalent mechanical strength to frozen grafts and superior mechanical strength to lyophilized grafts.
1: Smith DA, Manda R, Duncan DW, Jenkins PA, Johnson HK, Pierce SL, Schallenberger MA. The Development and Evaluation of a Calcium Chloride-Based Preservation Solution for
Structural Bone Allografts. AATB. 2016, New Orleans, LA. 2: Voggenreiter G, Ascherl R, Blümel G, Schmit-Neuerburg KP. Effects of preservation and sterilization on cortical bone grafts.
A scanning electron microscopic study. Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1994, 113, 294-296 3: Data on file, DCI Donor Services Tissue Bank